[personal profile] 7rin
@ http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7889302.stm

A child is removed after its parents are accused of abuse. The child is adopted and settles with a new family. If the parents are then cleared, should the child be returned, ask ethicists Rebecca Roache and Barbro Bjorkman.

Mark and Nicky Webster have lost a bid to overturn adoption orders on three of their children.

The children were removed in 2005, following concerns over injuries incurred to one of the children.

Subsequent investigations revealed that the injuries may have resulted from a medical condition, and that the Websters may not have harmed the child after all.

However, with the children now settled with their adoptive families, senior appeal court judges have ruled that while the Websters may have suffered a miscarriage of justice, it is not in the children's interests to overturn the adoption orders.

Assuming that the Websters are indeed innocent of harming their child, has the court made the right decision?

Read more... )
[personal profile] 7rin


Information available as of the date of this post:

Advice sheets

The following Advice Sheets are available from Family Rights Group.
Click on them [over at the FRG site] to view online or download as a PDF.

1. Introduction to local authority children's services
2. Parental Responsibility
3. What is a family group conference?

4. Family support services
5. Family support services for asylum seeking families
6. Social care services for disabled parents
7. Social care services for disabled parents who are asylum seekers
8. What happens to your benefits when a child no longer lives with you

9. Child protection procedures
10. Advocacy for families in local authority decision-making

11. Duties of local authority when children are in the care system
12. Immediate placement of looked after children with relatives or friends
13. Contact with children in accommodation
14. Contact with children in care
15. Care proceedings
16. Support for young people leaving the care system
17. Reuniting children with their families from local authority care

18. DIY Residence Orders: information for family friends carers
19. DIY Special Guardianship Orders- information for family and friends carers
20. Special Guardianship - what does it mean for birth parents?
21. Support for relatives and friends who are caring for children
22. Family and friends care: becoming a foster carer

23. Adoption
24. Open adoption

25. Challenging decisions and making complaints
26. Access to records
[personal profile] 7rin
Adoption Loss is the only trauma in the world where the victims are expected by the whole of society to be grateful - The Reverend Keith C. Griffith MBEPlease sign the petition I've created:
Allow adult adoptees to be repatriated into THEIR OWN families

Posts within this community are under-going over-haul in an effort to make the information contained within them easier to find.

Sadly, the process of over-hauling is likely to cause those visiting from previously posted links to either encounter information they are not expecting to find, or possibly even dead links. I apologise to any visitor who encounters such difficulties, and ask that they refer to the community tag reference page in order to more easily find the information they were originally seeking.

During the course of time, the administrative staff of this community have been saddened to find that some of the valuable information that has been previously linked is no longer available from whence it originally came (perhaps it got surprise adopted? ;)), thus, as a ward against the loss of valuable information, many posts will now be replicated in full. If you are the original author of such works and oppose its replication on this site, please contact the administrative team on 7rin dot on dot adoption at gmail dot com.

The administrative staff of this community thank you for your time.
[personal profile] 7rin
Family Rights Group @ http://www.frg.org.uk/

Stopping the adoption process @ http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Adoptionfosteringandchildrenincare/AdoptionAndFostering/DG_10021336

Contact Ian Josephs @ http://www.forced-adoption.com/

You may be able to get publicly funded legal advice and representation in court. A solicitor will be able to advise you. Find a solicitor through the Community Legal Service Directory @ http://www.communitylegaladvice.org.uk/

Fassit was founded in 2005. A non-governmental voluntary organisation independent of Local Authority Social Services Departments. Fassit provides a website containing information and advice for families with children experiencing frustration in working with Social Services in Child protection Proceedings @ http://www.fassit.co.uk/

Christopher Booker @ The Telegraph @ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/christopherbooker/

Justice for my children @ http://www.justice-for-my-children.co.uk/

Parents Against Injustice (PAIN) @ http://www.parentsagainstinjustice.org.uk/

Home - the centre for separated families @ http://www.separatedfamilies.info/

National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS) is a UK charity providing children's rights and socio-legal services. We offer information, advice, advocacy and legal representation to children and young people up to the age of 25, through a network of advocates throughout England and Wales. NYAS is also a community Legal Service @ http://www.nyas.net/

[personal profile] 7rin
You can try, but sadly, you won't necessarily succeed: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/13/AR2010041302445_3.html

http://adoption.about.com/cs/adoptionrights/a/putative_list.htm is the most important part: you absolutely need to get your name down - like, yesterday - on your local putative father's registry, so make sure this is the first thing you do.

Try the following:

Also, you may find http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090921111952AAr2VDL and http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091031204232AAtbGBd to be useful.

Good luck!
[personal profile] 7rin

Family Rights Group

Stopping the adoption process
If your child is in the process of being adopted and you don't want this to happen, it is important for you to get legal advice as soon as possible.

You may be able to get publicly funded legal advice and representation in court. A solicitor will be able to advise you.

Contact Ian Josephs @ http://www.forced-adoption.com/

Find a solicitor through the Community Legal Service Directory

Retaining your parental rights
One of two things must happen before a court can take away your rights as a parent, so that your child can be adopted; either you must agree, or the court must decide to go ahead without your agreement.
Each case is different, and the court will only go ahead with the making of an adoption order if they feel it is necessary. This could include, for example, where there are concerns for the safety of the child. The court will send you the evidence they have been given and you should discuss it with your solicitor as soon as you can.

The court will also ask an independent social worker agency (also known as a children's guardian) to visit you. Their job is to:
  • safeguard your child's interests on behalf of the court, so they will want to know why you do not want your child to be adopted
  • report your views to the court, because it is very important for the court to know how you feel about your child's future
You can go to the court yourself if you want to, to explain why you are not willing to agree to your child's adoption. An adoption order cannot be made unless the court is sure that being adopted would be in your child's best interests, and they will have to take account of your views in deciding this.

Fassit was founded in 2005. A non-governmental voluntary organisation independent of Local Authority Social Services Departments. Fassit provides a website containing information and advice for families with children experiencing frustration in working with Social Services in Child protection Proceedings.

[personal profile] 7rin
Putative Father Registries

Fathers' rights movements by country

Parental responsibility
If you are a father, but you are not married to your partner and the children are not living with you then you may not have the right to make important decisions concerning the children. If you want this right then you can apply to the court for an order. This is called a "Parental Responsibility Order".

If you are or were married to your partner then you will already have Parental Responsibility. This means you have a right to be kept informed about your children's education, health, welfare and you can make decisions about their education, health and welfare.

Fathers right in adoption?

Birth father's rights after an adoption?


September 2013

891011 121314
1516 1718192021
Page generated Sep. 24th, 2017 06:41 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios